The key to a successful and accurate property appraisal is to work with experienced appraisers in Toronto. They usually work in established and respected real estate appraisal firms.
Working with appraisers in Toronto will result in a credible and valid property appraisal that you can use for legal purposes. This is why it’s important to ensure that you’re hiring a legitimate and trustworthy real estate appraiser from a well-known appraisal company. There are some things you can do to ensure a credible appraisal, too. Here are five tips”
- The home appraisal must be conducted by a certified real estate appraiser. If you’re hiring one from a property appraisal firm, make sure the professional is certified by the Appraisal Institute of Canada. They should have extensive experience in providing accurate and unbiased valuations to homeowners for legal actions, smooth real estate transactions, and other needs.
- Request the lender to hire a qualified appraiser. As a homeowner, it’s your right to request your lender for a qualified appraiser with the knowledge of the type of property you own and the current market situation. Make sure they will come from credible real estate appraisal firms.
- Fix what needs fixing. A professional real estate appraiser can easily notice minor details like a crack in the wall, chipped paint, or the potential smell of mildew. Take time to do minor repairs before they visit, mow the lawn, and ensure your home is clutter-free and clean.
- Work with the appraiser during an inspection. Accompany them during their visit. This way, you can share information about your property’s history of repairs and renovations. This will also allow you to determine whether they dedicated enough time to properly inspect your home.
- Go over the results of your home appraisal. Be sure to review it to confirm the accuracy of the data.